- 1969 – H.M. Kabaka Ronald Edward Frederick Muwenda Mutebi II Kimera, Kabaka of Buganda. b. at the Mulago Hospital, Kampala, 12th April 1955, eldest son of Major-General H.H. Edward Frederick William David Walugembe Mutebi Luwangula Mutesa II, Kabaka of Buganda, KBE, by Abakyala Sarah Nalule, Omuzaana Kabejja, educ. Budo Junior Sch, Millbrook Sch, Oxford, King’s Mead Sch, Seaford, Sussex, Bradfield Coll, Reading, Berks, the Polytechnic of North London, Islington, and Trinity Coll, Cambridge. Nominated as Heir Apparent by his father, 6th August 1966. Nominated as Heir Apparent by his father, 6th August 1966. Succeeded on the death of his father as Head of the Royal House of Buganda, 21st November 1969. Formally Invested and installed as Ssabataka (Head of the Royal Clans), outside the Bamanananka Palace, 4th April 1971 (when all but the twelfth step of the rituals of kinship were completed). Returned to Uganda in 1985 to promote recuirtment of the Baganda into the National Resistence Army (NRA) led by Yoweri Museveni. Employed as a journalist during his exile in England and served as Assoc Editor of “African Concord”, and Mbr Executive Cttee of the African National Congress (ANC) in London. Proclaimed at Budo on the restoration of the Ugandan kingdoms, 24th July 1993. Crowned at Budo, 31st July 1993 (when the twlfth, and final riual of kingship and the Christian ceremonial were completed). Has assumed the additional name of Kimera, together with the style of His Majesty. Patron and Chief Trustee Buganda Cultural and Development Fndn (BUCADEF) since 1996. Patron of the Kabaka Fndn, Buganda Development Agency (BDA), Monkton Fndn, etc. Chair Rexba Ltd. Sovereign of the Order of the Shield and Spears. m. (first) at St Paul’s Cathedral, Namirembe, 27th August 1999, H.M. Abakyala Sylvia Nagginda (styled Nnabagareka) (b. at London, September 1964), educ. Lake Victoria Primary Sch, Gayaza Junior Sch, Wanyange Girl’s Sch, City Univ of New York, New York Univ (BA), and New York Inst of Technology (NYIT) (MA), New York, USA, sometime Researcher at UN HQ in New York, Research Consultant at the World Bank in Washington DC and as an independent business development and PR consultant, Founder and Chair Nnabagareka Development Fndn (NDF) since 2000, Patron and Dir of the Kampala Ballet & Modern Dance Sch (KB&MDS) since 2004, Christian Children’s Fund (CCF) Uganda, Special Olympics Uganda, and Conservation Through Public Health (CTPH), Goodwill Ambassador for the UN Fund for Population Activities (UNFPA), etc, daughter of John Mulumba Luswata, of Nkumba-Entebbe, of the Musu clan, by his wife, Rebecca Nakintu, daughter of George William Musoke, of Nazzigo, Kyaggwe. m. (a) H.E. Ms Vénétia Sebudandi, a Rwandan lady of the Abega clan, Permanent Delegate to UNESCO 2004-2006, Ambassador Extr & Permanent Representative of Rwanda at the UN Geneva since 2006. m. (b) … (d. 2006). m. (c) at Budo, 26th August 1999, Sarah Nsobya, Nakku (b. at Bakka, 1986), the Nakku, from the Ffumbe clan. m. (d) Rose Nansikombi (b. 1987), educ. Gulama Primary Sch, and Tweyanze Church of Uganda Public Sch, daughter of Ssalongo George Edward Sserebe, of Nswanta, Bamunanika Co, Luweero
district, from the Nseneene (grasshopper) clan, by his wife, Nnaalongo Christine Nalubanjwa. He has issue, two sons and three daughters:
- 1) Prince (Kiweewa) Crispin Junju Suuna. b. at London, 1986 (s/o Vénétia Sebudandi), educ. King’s Coll Budo Junior Sch, Kabinja, King’s Coll, Budo, and Monkton Combe Sch, near Bath, Somserset. Intern Central Broadcasting Service (CBS) 2005, ADC to Kabaka Mutebi II since 2009.
- 2) Prince (Omulangira) Richard Ssemakookiro. b. at Nsambya Hospital, 10th July 2011 (s/o Rose).
- 1) Princess (Omumbejja) Victoria Nkinzi, educ. Walsh Middle Sch, Framingham, Massachucettes, USA.
- 2) Princess (Omumbejja) Joan Tebatagwabwe Nassolo, educ. Taunton Sch, Taunton, Somerset.
- 3) Princess (Omumbejja) Sarah Katrina Mirembe Ssangalyambogo Nachwa. b. at London, 4th August 2001 (d/o Sylvia Nagginda), educ. Kabira International Sch, Kampala.